Saturday, September 21, 2013

Happiness: A noun

Happiness:  A noun


Happiness a noun before you
A word, a senseless state of being
A fraudulent confession of the hopeful
A scapegoat for the power seeker
A figment of the weak and feeble mind
The dreamers ever burning fuel
A finite placement on an end
A vision for the drunken fool


After you, a noun no more
Happiness, a place of warmth
A simple wordless  melodic thought
Salvation of the heart and soul
A retaliation on abusive time
Consummation of my everlasting
A change of blood flowing coarse
To right the ship of longing for


A thought I think I shall proceed
A movement without provocation
This is where my life begins
Placing faith in complex unknowns
But familiar is this place to me
Dreams sleeping wide awake
Geography our only sickness
Single digits set us free


Happiness a noun no more
Broken frowns and indecision
These are my lost possessions
I need you and nothing else
Things are things but not this thing
This is all and we are here
Happiness a noun no longer
Reciprocated heart sparks fire

=Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment