Wednesday, October 9, 2013

lists and You

some lists i have left incomplete as if time would fill them
never ready never willing to commit to paper my admission
i tip toe around the obvious unaware of my exposure
unknowing that i had the answer i was searching for
the first time i found myself i didn't know that i was lost
the second time i had given up the search some years before
and so what? this is me and who i am i wouldn't trade
i reach for the sky and i leave this earth in my own mind
to ride, to dream, to love, to give, this is my own way
surrounding paths have crossed and changed my inner state
geography is irrelevant when love fuels your fire
gates and locks mean nothing now destination You
my lists are filled favored wicks but my home is far away
anticipation of the clock is an all consuming thought
meaningless tasks are intended to pass away the day
faking interest in anything else is a full time position
yellow socks and mailman chasing concrete is my prison
that little guy comes down the tracks to make sure its all working
i have no questions doubts or fears execpt for maybe one
how many more business days until I can wrap myself in You



No comments:

Post a Comment